I am both a high-maintenance and a low-maintenance woman. I like many things in my life, but I can also live without many as well. Most women I know will put down that makeup is one of the keys to their heart, but while I love makeup I tend to be more of the type that will happily go without for the remainder of my life. On the other hand, there are some things that I undoubtedly need. Those needs include:
1. Laughter. I cannot get by without laughter in my life. The world is far too serious to live without it. Luckily, I’ve found someone who will keep me laughing for the rest of my life, and that is a miraculous thing that I thought I’d never find. I tend to consider myself “serious”, and my fiance is the most hilarious person I know. There are inside jokes we share that will leave me with tears in my eyes. Some of the things he does or says makes me laugh with such pure joy that I know I have made the right choice by spending the rest of my life with him.
2. Family. That’s another thing I can’t live without. Like I’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, I am a very family-oriented person. I love the family I grew up with, and I absolutely cherish the family that I’m creating. Knowing that I have all the love and support from my family means the world to me. I don’t think I’d know what to do without it. They keep me sane in the most troubling of times. They are the ones who know how to comfort me when I need it. They’re also the ones I know won’t hold back when they need to say something they think I’m being dumb about. That’s what family is. It’s love.
3. Friendship. Like above, friendship is important to me.Temporary friends come and go, but the best of friends are those that remain in your life despite any troubles you go through. I have some of the best friends I could’ve ever asked for, and they’re the ones that have stuck by me through thick and thin; just as I have them. These friends I tend to consider as family because of their importance to me.
4. My Spirituality. Many may not know this about me, and many may frown upon it for various reasons, but my spirituality is super important to me. I align myself with the beliefs of Paganism. I cherish the Earth that I walk upon. I dance under the Moon because I love to feel her energy enveloping me. I pray to the Earth for guidance because I know the stability she provides is pure and unchanging. These are only bits of what I love about my spirituality, and there isn’t a moment that goes by that I’m not entranced by it. The love that I feel for the Earth is endless. I don’t feel the need to judge others for their own beliefs because my beliefs are that of nature. Be and let be.
5. Love. This goes with all of the things above. Love is the most powerful thing in the world. I know this sounds mushy and gooey, but it’s the undeniable truth. Love is what feeds the soul. Love manifests in ways that you can see, touch, hear, and feel deep within you. Without love from my friends and family I wouldn’t be the woman I am today. Because of their love I have faith that everything will be alright at the end of the day. Because of their love I know that I have the power to create the world around me that I desire. Because of their love I know I am loved, supported, respected, and that fact means I can conquer the world if I wanted to.
~ Photo Credits go to Amarie Photography. Find her at http://www.photosbyamarie.com ~
~ Quote Credits go to various users on Pinterest ~